Sustainability Practices at The Kee
As part of the local ecosystem, The Kee is committed to operate sustainably and minimize its impact on its surroundings, with the support of our management, team, guests and partners. We have chosen to take the following steps in our journey:
In our efforts to be more sustainable, we’ve taken multiple small steps to reduce our waste to improve our environment.
- We source our products locally as much as possible
- We buy bio-degradable bio-straws, bio hot drink cups, and bio-take-away boxes
- Our soda and soft drinks are served in recyclable glass bottles or aluminum cans
- Our restaurants and bars use reusable plastic stirrers
- In the guest rooms we replaced plastic water bottles with glass bottles (except for the ground floor pool access rooms out of safety concerns)
- In the guest rooms we use refillable bulk dispensers instead of plastic miniature shampoo, conditioner, or body wash bottles. Our other guest room personal care amenities are made from corn instead of plastic by Lernith.
- Our housekeeping and food & beverage teams carefully recycle glass, paper, plastic, aluminum, and cooking oil in partnership with a local recycling company.
- We minimize food wastage through team education, food waste prevention, reduction, recycling, and disposal.
We aim to operate as efficiently as possible, without impacting guest comfort, and have taken these steps:
- Guests have the option to reuse towels or opt out of having their rooms cleaned.
- We use water-efficient dual-flush toilets and showers.
- We use sensor-operated sinks in our public area toilets
- To optimize efficiency a central water heating system is used instead of individual ones
- To ensure the quality of our treated water, it is analyzed in a lab regularly
- To minimize our reliance on the municipal water supply, a sizeable share of our non-drinkable water is collected through rainwater and then treated on-site
- A central chiller is used instead of individual split-type air-conditioning to optimize efficiency
- Guest rooms have energy-saving keycard switches and motion-controlled electricity sensors in partnership with Sensorflow.
- At least 80% of lighting in guest rooms and around the property uses energy-efficient LED bulbs or is sensor operated
- Our windows are double-glazed
- We are currently looking to invest in rooftop solar energy that will be able to supply the entire property with 100% renewable electricity during the daytime.
Supporting our local community
People are what makes travel so special. By supporting the communities around us we ensure everyone benefits from tourism equally.
- We support the local Baan Kalim School, a primary school with limited resources, as part of our CSR efforts.
- We offer tours and activities organized by local guides and businesses and have partnered with Discova, a subsidiary of Flight Centre, to ensure responsible options are offered to our guests
The management and team at The Kee Resort & Spa is committed to
- Reducing greenhouse emissions through continued optimization and minimization of energy, water & waste
- Protecting and supporting biodiversity through continued optimization and minimization of our pollution, while protecting nature and wildlife.
- Contributing to our local community in a responsible way and to sustainably supporting the local way of life.
- Ensuring all team members are treated fairly, in line with Thai labor laws, in a safe and secure working environment.
- Protecting the rights and dignity of those who are vulnerable to discrimination, exploitation, harassment, abuse and unfair treatment.
- The protection and safety of minors and we will report any instances of child exploitation or abuse to the authorities.
We invite all guests, partners, and local stakeholders to support us in our pursuit of achieving our sustainability goals and commitments by contacting us via [email protected].
About The Kee
Located in the heart of Patong Beach, within 240 m from Patong Beach and 150 m from Bangla Road's vibrant nightlife area, The Kee Resort & Spa is a stylish, boutique resort with a modern retro vibe. Praised by guests for being in a great location, attentive staff, a great pool bar, and good cleaning standards, the property is in high demand, especially the Deluxe Pool Access Rooms, from a wide range of nationalities. Featuring spacious (40 sqm or more), comfortable rooms with modern interiors, a lagoon-style pool, a yacht-shaped rooftop bar with amazing sunset views, and a quality on-site spa to get you back on your feet after a night of fun, The Kee is a hidden oasis. Rooms have contemporary furnishings with a splash of Thai elegance and convenient amenities for the savvy traveler seeking a comfortable stay. Perfect for solo travelers, friends, couples, or families, The Kee promises a unique, playfully vibrant holiday experience in Phuket. Discover a calmer side to Patong Beach, away from the hustle and bustle but within walking distance of all of the action, at The Kee.
Sales & Marketing Department: Ms. Nurat Atibaedya
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +66 (0) 76 335 888
Instagram: @thekeeresortandspa #thekeeresort
Initial publication date: 3 July 2023
Revised publication date: if applicable